The importance of logos for a business cannot be undermined. How professional it looks determines the trust people will have in you and your business.
Before deciding on the logo design, there are a few questions to consider. You may be providing a good service but it is the logo that may win the trust of the client and that is what the client will remember. The logo helps portray the image of your company in a better way. The questions to consider when designing the logo are:
- Does it make your company look professional?
- Does the logo say you care about your business? It is quite possible the clients will in turn think of it as caring for the clients
- Does the logo say you know what you are doing?
- Does the logo tell client he or she can trust you to do the job correctly?
- Which logo would tell all these aspects of your business? There are quite a few factors that help decide the best logo for your business. Design and color best help in giving your business logo the professional image that it needs to portray. The logo does not necessarily have to be a complicated colorful design.
Something as simple as the Microsoft text can do wonders or you can choose something like the ebay logo which is unique and colorful, the GE logo of General Electric is also a good example of simplicity. The design is most important as it helps in creating the image of the company and helps the client identify the company easily, almost automatically. The only criterion is that it should be unique not only so that the customers can identify with it easily but also because same logos create registration problems.
The next important factor in logo designing is the color; it speaks a lot about your business. Specific businesses are identified with specific colors for instance anything related to money directly such as financial institutions and banks are related to green, blue, black and gold colors. Similarly anything related to fast food and restaurants will have bright shades of orange, red, blue and yellow to make them look that much more appetizing. However these need not be the limiting factor and you can always try out with various colors and combinations.
The next important factor is the quality or the texture of the logo – some possible variations can be smooth text, smooth curves etc. Avoid having jagged edges and unreadable text however artistic they may look because if reading or recognizing is difficulty it will affect the quality of the logo and in turn your business.
Simply put, logos should be clean, clear, unique and professional.